Die ersten Bauten...

Dieses Thema im Forum "Projekte / Bauten" wurde erstellt von Mezaka, 26. September 2014.

1. Mezaka

Mezaka Profi Aktiver Benutzer

Punkte für Erfolge:
    AW: Die ersten Bauten...

Ich empfehle das Dach noch zu rotieren... denn normalerweise zeigen die latten immer entlang der schrägen achse, damit das wasser ablaufen kann... aber sonst cool

2. Mentioum

Mentioum UemeU Developer

Punkte für Erfolge:

Heres a little inspiration for you guys :) - I was building for about 15 mins while testing. Just got absorbed into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've also got a small clip of how I did the lights:

3. Nazghul72

Nazghul72 Mitglied++

Punkte für Erfolge:

That's awesome! Looks real creepy - could be used for a Zombie-setup... ;-)
    And thanx for the lighting tips! I set the light source on the object that is supposed to glow/shine; but then the object doesn't appear to shine itself. Positioning an invisible lightsource in front of the lamp is exactly the solution I was looking for! :)

...and speaking about tips for us UemeU-noobs - maybe I could add one of my own:

When creating rather detailed objects, like furniture or some such - build it huge. This way it's much easier to position the different elements correctly. Afterwards just group everything (e.g. by dragging a frame around the whole thing as an easy way to do it) and scale it down to the size proportionate to the avatar.
    Here's an example of wooden double doors built this way:
    the huge door
    Den Anhang 21491 betrachten
    details
    Den Anhang 21492 betrachten
    the huge door in comparison to the scaled down one
    Den Anhang 21493 betrachten
    thus you see details in the adventure mode you could hardly build directly
    Den Anhang 21494 betrachten

Hope that helped some of you :)

Anhänge:

4. Mentioum

Mentioum UemeU Developer

Punkte für Erfolge:

Looking good @Nazghul72 - you really picked it up fast :) - be aware that the more detailed you make things the lower performance. You have to think a little bit like a game dev and think about resources :)

5. TheOriChau

TheOriChau Kaiser Aktiver Benutzer

Punkte für Erfolge:

Menti how we can rotate a texture?

6. Mentioum

Mentioum UemeU Developer

Punkte für Erfolge:

You cant yet. We are adding it at the same time we add multiple textures to the sharp cube. We need to update the shaders for all the materials we use in the game. They havent been optimise yet. We are also looking at allowing peope to add effects to objects too, like dirt, or ice using decals on the default textures. so you can make... for example... mossy bricks with different amounts of moss.

At the moment if I want to rotate a texture I tend to just rotate the whole object... (obviously this doesnt work with all shapes)

7. TheOriChau

Punkte für Erfolge:

Thanks for youre answer :D

8. Nazghul72

Nazghul72 Mitglied++

Punkte für Erfolge:

Thanx! :)
    So you're saying that there's a limited amount of details until the performance crashes? I planned to build a timber framework house (15th century style) with bull's eye glass and stuff like that. The glass alone consists of about 50 elements per panel with seven bull's eyes... So - probably the game would crash before I could finish?
    Den Anhang 21497 betrachten

Anhänge:

9. Mentioum

Mentioum UemeU Developer

Punkte für Erfolge:

It depends on your computers performance. UemeU has a "no limits" approach. Which means it will only require a Macbook Air for some worlds and an uber graphics card for other more complicated worlds. Basically its up to you. In testing we have seen worlds up to 10,000 objects being built.

Remember you can link worlds together for very detailed builds... for things like going into rooms you could make them seperate worlds using the world linker.

10. Nazghul72

Nazghul72 Mitglied++

Punkte für Erfolge:

Since my laptop computer is rather what you might call a Grandfather, I'd better heed to your advice.. ;-) :D

Another invaluable tip - that would make building easier (without having to build around doors and windows) and just do it like in an rpg, where a new location loads whenever you go through/activate a door. Didn't think about that and will try that at once! Thanks again! :)

11. cRyZwEi

cRyZwEi Mitglied Aktiver Benutzer

Punkte für Erfolge:

...Jetzt habt Ihr mir den Mund "wässrig" gemacht!:grins: - Ich stürze mich auch einmal in das Abenteuer UemeU ;-)

12. TheOriChau

Punkte für Erfolge:

Ich habe mich heute mal dran gesetzt ein Objekt auf Knopfdruck bewegen zu lassen.

War für mich nicht wirklich einfach. Auf dem Server könnt ihr euch ansehen wie das funktioniert. Da ich nicht der Bautyp bin sag ich es gleich es soll eine Tür darstellen die in den Boden verschwindet. Das Prinzip ist aber überall das gleiche man muss eben die Waypoints anpassen. Aber so kann man z.b. auch Raketen bauen und per Timer dann die Partikel freisetzen.zusätzlich kann man das Objekt zerstören lassen damit kein Müll rumfliegt. Also schauts euch an und testet euch aus.

13. Mentioum

Mentioum UemeU Developer

Punkte für Erfolge:

This should help with the animation UemeU | Building A Prison With the Animation Gadget: - It's a very old version but the principles are the same.

14. Derlo

Derlo Profi Aktiver Benutzer

Punkte für Erfolge:

And I tried to use "Add Force" for the elevator ....

Ok, we know now how we can use an animation for gates, but what about doors? Do we really need to make several small waypoints for a door, so that it has a nice animation when you open it? Or should we build a door just with physics ?

PS: I'm even to stupid to make a door that use physic to open...like those doors in the Disco House from Landrunner..

15. Mentioum

Mentioum UemeU Developer

Punkte für Erfolge:

The patch which is coming out today ("Evangelic Eagle") has some good example maps which might help you with some of this.

Also RE: Doors.

Sliding doors are easy with animations with just two waypoints.
    Hinge doors are almost impossible at the moment. In the future we are planning on allowing people to move the pivot point of objects which would allow you to animate hinged doors as easily as you can with sliding doors.

Best,

Mentioum

16. Mentioum

Mentioum UemeU Developer

Punkte für Erfolge:

Also i quickly built a saferoom ;-) which actually isn't very safe on your server using your build as the shell (just cloned it over ;-) ->

Den Anhang 21530 betrachten

And an FYI for all those who havent been on-> I built this -> though I think someone damaged it since ;-)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anhänge:

17. Mentioum

Mentioum UemeU Developer

Punkte für Erfolge:
  18. TheOriChau

Punkte für Erfolge:

Oh man das ist echt Demotivierend wenn man die Bauten sieht und was man selbst dahin gümmelt.

19. Mentioum

Mentioum UemeU Developer

Punkte für Erfolge:

For the little box room I literally just cloned the build that was already there and put textures on it. The 'hard' bit was already done. Also I'm just giving them as examples to show how quickly stuff can be done. Its not meant to be demotivating, it's supposed to be inspiring. :(

20. Krim

Krim Ist nicht Krim Teamsklave

Punkte für Erfolge:

don't worry. ori is just histrionic ;-)

Diese Seite empfehlen